We are seeking experienced horse folks with horse training ability. A lot of the horses coming to Easy Street Rescue either need refreshers or may not have training, and skilled person can make a huge difference in the life of a rescued horse by fostering and working with them so they can be adopted.
We sometimes have horses that are available only on a long-term or ‘permanent’ foster. These are older horses (20+) or are available as ’companion only’. We do not ‘adopt’ horses 20+, but do permanent foster agreements. This way we maintain ownership while the horse ages, and we can ensure their safety.
Foster Homes are temporary homes where a horse may be recouping/rehab/training, is ready to be adopted, or on a permanent foster for our older or companion only horses. The Foster Home is responsible for the care of the horse and expenses, with some pre-approved exceptions, which are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Foster applications can be downloaded from the FORMS tab. The Foster Home has first right to Adopt. If you are a horse trainer, and have room and time for one of our horses, please contact Nina at 518-421-0125. We need you!
These horses came to Easy Street Rescue from a March 22, 2012 court ordered seizure from a Farm in Sprakers NY. Please note that none of these horses are trained for riding, and we have worked with them some for halter training, but will need plenty of ground training…
- JOVIAL PROSPECT (JOVY) is a flea bit grey thoroughbred gelding approximately 15 years old standing over 16 hands high. We are under the impression that he may be the sire to most of the offspring. Jovy is an absolutely sweet horse that loves being groomed. Jovy does have several melanoma cancer nodules under the tail, plus the the front right fetlock of this horse has been injured to the degree that the horse is now lame and may be unrideable even if trained. There is also scaring on left knee from an old injury. He is available only as a companion horse. He is fine being with mares. He can be with another gelding but he is better with mares. We are looking for a long term or permanent foster home for Jovy as a pasture companion.
- ALI -see his info on the adoptable page. Available for foster to an experienced person with ability to train.
- JULIAN – Is 14.2 hands, seven year old Egyptian Arabian gelding. He is extremely intelligent and really likes to learn (and learns fast). He trailer loads, leads well and is ready for someone to start his ground and saddle training.
- ISIS is a dark bay two year mare of Arab/TB breed.She is a very attractive horse whom is ready for to start ground training and her new life.
- JASMINE arrived brownish black but has shed into a roan since her arrival at Easy Street. Jasmine is just one or two years old mare of Arab/TB breed. She is very scared of everything and will needs lots of handling to overcome her trust issues. She can be nippy and kicks out when scared. She loves carrots!
Two other horses, not from the Sprakers rescue, that each need a foster home with training:
- Sword King – five year old bay Standardbred, standing about 15.3 hands. King fractured his neck as a yearling and never made it to the harness track. He has been gelded and is very sweet horse. He has been at Easy Street since he was three, so we have watched him grow up. He has grown through a lot of his injury, but he will never be suited for ‘regular’ riding. He would be okay in a ring, on the flat, at a walk or trot. But we think his best option would be as a thereaputic riding horse where he is lead.
- Lily – five year old paint mare, standing about 15.1 hands. Lily came to Easy Street two years ago. She has trust issues and can be just fine to lead and handle, and then suddenly something scares her and the progress goes back a step. We believe she was really mishandled or abused. She has worked through a lot of her scary issues, but she needs someone with special ability to grain her trust and continue with forward steps. She has let someone sit on her back, but she is not trained.